Saturday, April 29, 2006

the girl who just wanted some comfort food




What is in Subway sandwiches? Is it crack? Are there subliminal messages in their advertising? Whatever it is, no matter what kind of crappy service I receive, I seem to always go back.
Last night I wanted a meatball sub. I had a bad day (see previous post) and had made the executive decision to cut myself early from work. I was on the way home and just wanted something comforting. So I stopped at Subways. It's a Friday night and whoever the brain trust of management staff is for this store, they decided one, single, solitary, slow employee was perfectly adequate. After waiting half an hour (no exaggeration) and pulling up a chair to wait in line (my feet hurt) it was finally my turn.
They were out of meatballs.
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Can my day get any worse? I tried to have the guy make me something different, but it was a mess and I finally told him, stop. I was really trying to restrain myself from saying anything because the last time I was in there, I might have made a teeny tiny little scene over something similar. But my mouth opened and I found myself saying in a disappointed voice, "This is the third time in a row I've come in and you've been out of meatballs." And the guy says "It's not my fault."
Now why did he have to say that? It's a huge pet peeve of mine. Don't shift blame, don't pass the buck, just apologize, offer something else and move on! I was very restrained, just muttering about how it's never ANYONE'S fault who worked there, and left. But I was pissed. I don't know why I get all kinds of upset over crappy experiences at fast food joints, but it truly bothers me and I will probably dwell.
Anyway, at least I got out of work early, even if it did take an hour and a half to get home between travel time and stopping for food (since they were out of meatball at Subways I just got hubby's sandwich. I ended up stopping at Sonic on the way home for me.). Hopefully today will be better.
Today's pictures...my little ones playing at the firestation in San Angelo. My brother-in-law is a firefighter so we had full run of the place!

No comments: