Thursday, May 25, 2006
Saturday, May 20, 2006
Sunday, May 14, 2006
Today has been just so nice! I was awakened this morning by a rather earnest nearly-seven-year-old bearing a tray for me. Breakfast in bed! He made me my very own bowl of fruity pebbles and a glass of oj. He apologized for not making me coffee too, but he "didn't know how." LOL! What a keeper! He also gave me this card. Each of the flowers comes out of the pot and has a different job he'll do for me. The inside has his picture, a Mother's Day poem and his message for me: Dear mom, you are the best mom I ever had! Thank you for taking care of me. Happy Mother's day. love zachary"
Everything else has been nice too. All the boys got a little backyard time today, Daddy has been taking care of things and I've just been doing whatever I feel like. Even went to the pool! (First time in public in this swimsuit...scary) Now a nice Italian dinner with my hubby after the boys are in bed and hopefully a little scrappy time while I watch the series end of Charmed. I just got the new bookshelf line from AC and they are so yummy! (Esp Seuss and Silverstein!) I can't wait!
Happy Mother's Day to my fellow mommy's! hope you were just as spoiled as me!
Saturday, May 13, 2006
Ok, I was reading an article today about the newest re-release of the original Star Wars trilogy, and it reminded me of a totally obscure fact from my childhood. So I decided that I would share ten things you probably don't know about me.
- When Return of the Jedi came out, I was in elementary school. For a choir performance, we sang the song that the Ewoks sing at the end of the movie. "Yub nub, echop, yub nub, atomie tu peechy keene, g'nup dop fling, ooh ahh!" Scary, huh?
- I have to sleep with my feet hanging off the bed. And no sheets, just a blanket.
- I still have my baby doll from when I was 4.
- I have an irrational phobia about revolving doors
- I can sleep anywhere through just about any noise given the chance.
- I once tried to be tough and--after reading about Harry Houdini--invited an older girl to punch me in the stomach. The theory is, if you tighten your abs at the moment you're punched, it won't hurt. I was about ten. It hurt. A lot. But I think I covered it well.
- When I was about four, I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I answered, "A Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader. Or a grasshopper." I am officially grown up and I am neither.
- I like to eat pickeled herring on Ritz crackers
- One of my legs is shorter than the other. In fact my whole symmetery is slightly skewed: one ear is higher than the other, one breast is bigger than the other. I am a freak.
- Speaking of freakish things about me, I also have a prominent knob on the back of my hands. It's on both sides and always causes some questions when a doctor notices them. They have never been fully explained to me, but they hurt like hell when I bump something.
So now don't you feel like you know me better? Tell me something weird about you.
Today's pic is of the "Pearl of the Conchos" statue in my hometown. When she was first erected, there was quite the controversy about her bare breasts. Someone even managed to hook a bra onto her. In case you're wondering, she's a 34C.
Thursday, May 11, 2006