Sunday, February 19, 2006

the girl who is going to ramble...

This whole blog thing is something I have to get used to. I really want to keep up with it, but then, well, LIFE gets in the way.
Currently the issue is that my brother in law is staying with us. It wasn't intentional, it just happened. He came over to visit and play WoW with my husband and, well, he just hasn't left yet. It's been almost a month of him hanging out and sleeping on the couch. On the plus side, this means I get to sleep in a little bit in the morning because he is still up (as in hasn't gone to sleep yet!) when my eldest gets ready for school. On the negative side, he is always on the computer, so I have to kick him off if I want to get on.
I was sick as a dog this week, which doesn't bode well for payday, but had the benefit of allowing me to get some much needed sleep. And I managed to get some scrapping done. I am vowed to complete the boys unfinished albums from 2004 so I can then vow to complete 2005 before scrapping 2006. LOL! What an endless cycle! The 200 some odd pictures I ordered from 2Peas are not going to lighten the task any! Seriously! 200 PLUS! These date back to about the start of the school year and have every event from August until now. I can't wait to get them in! I have this odd little fetish where I enjoy the planning process of scrapping almost as much as the creating aspect. This earned me the description of being "oddly organized" on a scrappy friend's blog the other day, but I'll take it!
Speaking of scrappy friends, the afore mentioned scrapping buddy is none other than the fabulous Island Jen from 2Peas. She and I joined JenSmack at the Scrapbook Shack in Altamonte Mall for a day long crop. You would think that 12 full hours of creative company would result in just ooodles of layouts, but I was topped out at 4. Too much gossip and Starbucks! lol! (As if that is a bad thing!) It was inspiring and got me back into scrapping, I've had a dry spell since completing the album for my work friend for Christmas. I have GOT to steal that back and post scans! It turned out so beautiful!
And an enabler alert for any Orlando scrapping buds: Scrapbook Boutique is now carrying Wild asparagus Paper! Swoon! I have seen people use it, and drooled over the loveliness of it, but never used it myself. Finally got my hands on some and I am hooked! You know how you hear a lot of hype about something and figure that its just that--hype? I mean the patterns are lovely, but there are many lovely patterns out there and distressed vintage patterns aren't exactly difficult to find these days, you know? Well, I am hooked, converted, whatever--I am in love! The paper is double sided with a pattern on one side and solid coordinating color on the other. But here is where WA stands out: the paper is TEXTURED like Bazzill! A patterned and textured paper? OMG, scrap nirvana! I am committed to using my 3 day weekend to complete ds #2 and ds#3's 2004 albums! Then I'll see how much is left to do everywhere else. Maybe I can get a handle on this problem of mine before the afore mentioned pictures come in. (Then I'll be locked away, scheming and planning my next pages, lol!)

1 comment:

island jen said...

yay!! she updates!!

so glad to hear your spending the weekend cranking out the layouts...can't wait to see them!! i'm counting down to our next crop night...woo-hoo!!

dude...is the brother in law going to start paying rent? you need the scrappy money!!